Resolved – Windows 10 Update
If your computer has been affected by the released January 2021 and February 2021 updates for Windows 10 we are happy to note that Microsoft have released and therefore resolved the error.
Please note this can take over 30 minutes to complete.
Please follow the steps below to update the new released Microsoft patch, it does not happen automatically:
- You will need to restart your computer so please save all work before following the steps below.
- Click on the Windows icon (normally located at the bottom left of your screen)
- Click on Settings (or the cog icon)
- Click on Update & Security
- Click check for updates and install all new updates. Once all updates have been downloaded you will need to go back to the Update & Security section, select Check for Updates (again), if there are more updates please download/install, once your computer has restarted repeat step 5. You will need to repeat step 5 until your computer indicates that you are Up To Date.
- Once your computer is Up To Date click on the blue text View Optional Updates, and check if there are any updates available here and make sure you download if it is. Repeat step 5 again.
- All of these are cumulative updates that will be made available to your computer each time you update a patch. The end result is your computer needs to state Up To Date with no available updates to download.
NOTE: You need to restart your computer, check for updates, install all updates, restart your computer over and over until each Microsoft update gets released to your computer because it is a cumulative update. This may take 3 or 4 times of restarting.
If you are still having troubles please contact your IT provider to assist as this is a Microsoft issue or contact us to assist further. Charges may apply if a technician needs to remote in to your computer as this will be classed as IT support.
We wish you a wonderful week and would like to thank you for your ongoing support.